SIL - Supported Independent Living
Sunrise2Sunrise are proud to announce that we are now offering Supported Independent Living (SIL) supports to our expanding list of services. SIL can be accessed by Participants with SIL funding in their Plan.
SIL supports are delivered respectfully in a Participant’s home to facilitate the advancement of independent skills building. Like all Sunrise2Sunrise supports, SIL uses a person centered approach where a Participant’s goals, culture, lifestyle and circumstances are taken into account when planning support. The Participant is central to all decision making and all supports can be customized to best suit a Participant’s wants and needs as they change in keeping with the spirit of choice and control as a key aspect of the NDIS.
Sunrise2Sunrise currently operates over 25 SIL accommodation house’s, under SDA/SIL collaborations & out of home care supports Model. Sunrise2Sunrise management brings over 30 years combined experience in operating disability SIL accommodations housing a range of participants. Our range of participants ranges from Children with trauma, physical needs, developmental delay, ASD and Reactive attachment disorder. We are also a specialist in psychosocial and dual diagnosis participants.
Our tenant matching process takes into account a number of factors such as
• Participant physical needs
• Behavioural presentation
• Geographical preference
• Professional networks i.e. medical and allied health supports
• Social networks
• Family networks
The tenant matching process also involves a short period of Sunrise2Sunrise staff visiting and spending time with the prospective tenants and assess risk and needs in contrast to the written assessments.
• Sunrise2Sunrise management brings a wealth of experience current and past to bring meaningful and successful contribution to designs that meet the present day needs of a variety of participant settings.
• Sunrise2Sunrise currently manages rental SIL properties, therefore giving us a proven track record in property management and maintenance alongside meeting and maintaining client needs.
• Sunrise2Sunrise is a preferred SIL provider for DFFH and a number of specialist support coordination services who source accommodation for SDA/SIL participants.
• Sunrise2Sunrise brings a wealth of experience in administering SIL agreements and is adaptive to the ever-changing NDIS and residential and tenancies act requirements.
Sunrise2Sunrise has built smart and robust data collection systems, that have been developed in-house. These enable consistent and strong reporting, to maintain SIL funding and other NDIS funding.
Sunrise2Sunrise also brings a strong record in SIL application success, our team are experts in the SIL process and maintain a 95% success rate for our participants in SIL acceptance, this is owing to our reporting and data collection systems.